Spring Stewardship Weekend
Meaningful Work with Friends
Come join us for a weekend of purposeful work, delicious shared meals, farm stewardship, time outdoors, and meaningful connection with fellow adult friends of Glen Brook. We’ll do everything you love about Glen Brook, but in a fellowship of like-minded adults, as opposed to most of our programs that focus on or involve children. Are you a former camper or staff member, former Gap student, parent, community member, or simply wanting to learn more about Glen Brook? This weekend is for you!
Dates and Rates
- Friday, April 14 2023 – Sunday, April 16, 2023
- Arrive on Friday starting at 4pm. The weekend ends Sunday at 1pm
- The price for the full weekend is $170.
- If cost is a limitation, we also have a limited number of work-trade spaces available – contact us to learn more.
Food and Lodging
- We will share in cooking and eating meals from dinner on Friday until lunch on Sunday.
- You will be housed in a shared dormitory room in one of our farmhouse buildings or cabins. We will assign you a living space when you arrive.
Friday: Dinner, greetings, baking and games into the evening
Saturday: Animal chores, farm and stewardship projects, lunch and rest, fun electives (hiking, crafting, swimming, and more), singing
Sunday: Work party, lunch, closing circle
A Weekend of Community
In the spirit of togetherness, participants will be involved in all aspects of the weekend, from helping to cook meals, to doing chores on the farm and in the kitchen, to having the option to lead activities for others. Even though this is an adult weekend, we’ll still abide by Glen Brook’s community agreements: this is a low-tech and substance-free event.