Health Care Provider
Position: Health Care Provider
Location: Marlborough, NH
We are seeking our health care provider to serve as Camp Nurse or Camp Doc for 2022. Click here for PDF Version of the job description.
We are seeking one to two health care providers to serve as “Camp Nurse”and to oversee the health and well-being of the camp. Under the supervision of our resident RN, these individuals are responsible for all health needs of the camp population for the week of Staff Training and the seven weeks of camp. This position has been filled by RNs, LPNs, MDs, Naturopathic MDs and other competent responsible adults. Camp population includes campers grades 3-11 and all staff.
The position of Health Care Provider involves treatment of injury and illness and supporting MESH needs of the camp community. A familiarity with and experience in homeopathy, herbal, nutritional, anthroposophical and other modalities, or a willingness to learn, is desirable.
In addition to compensation, the Health Care Providers receive full room and wholesome board.
- Care for the camp population’s health needs with thoughtfulness and kindness under the direction of resident RN.
- Assess camp population for condition of health upon arrival at camp and administer care accordingly.
- Document all incidents, illnesses, and treatments appropriately.
- Refer to and arrange care with local community resources as needed.
- Maintain a clean orderly environment for administering health care to the camp
- Maintain inventory of supplies, and first aid kits.
- Work cooperatively with and communicate with all departments to ensure camp and camper safety throughout camp duration.
- Maintain communication with camper population families as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA
- Professional credentials are preferred but not required.
- Calm and positive attitude.
- First Aid knowledge and CPR certification
- The ability to lift 25 pounds
- Experience and confidence in working with individuals ages 9+.
- Must speak fluent English.
To apply, please send email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume.