Position: Health Care Provider
Location: Marlborough, NH
We are seeking our health care provider to serve as Camp Nurse or Camp Doc for 2022. Click here for PDF Version of the job description.
Every summer we hire one Health Care Provider who acts as ‘Camp Nurse’ and oversees the health and well-being of the entire camp. This individual is responsible for all health needs of the camp population for the week of Staff Training and the six weeks of camp. This position has been filled by RNs, LPNs, MDs, and Naturopathic MDs. Camp population includes campers grades 3-11, summer staff, and year round staff.
The position of Health Care Provider involves treatment of injury and illness. Standing orders are received from Cheshire Medical Center in nearby Keene, NH. Professional credentials for and experience in Western medicine and treatments are required. In addition, a familiarity with and experience in homeopathy, herbal, nutritional, anthroposophical and other modalities, or a willingness to learn, is preferred as some camp families prefer treatments alternative to Western medicine.
The Health Care Provider is on site 24 hours a day 6 days a week. Coverage for a 24-day off is provided. In addition to compensation, the Health Care Provider receives full room and wholesome board.
- Care for the camp population’s health needs with thoughtfulness and kindness
- Assess camp population for condition of health upon arrival at camp and administer care accordingly.
- Document all incidents, illnesses, and treatments appropriately.
- Refer to and arrange care with local community resources as needed.
- Maintain a clean orderly environment for administering health care to the camp
- Maintain inventory of supplies, and assemble, check and issue first aid kits to areas in camp.
- Stock, store, and administer all medications to the camp population per prescription requirements or OTC as needed.
- Function as health and safety supervisor of camp per American Camping Association standards.
- Work cooperatively with and communicate with all departments to ensure camp and camper safety throughout camp duration.
- Maintain communication with camper population families as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA
- Function as Health Care Provider during the day, and on call 24 hours a day except for weekly 24-hour day off.
-Professional licensure for profession being practiced at Camp Glen Brook in the state of NH.
-First Aid knowledge and CPR certification
-The ability to lift 25 pounds
-Health care administration experience with pediatrics and adults.
-Must speak fluent English.
-Must be able to work with and advise any camp member in maintaining and improving health and safety.
To Apply: Send letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org