Job Title: Circus Arts Instructor
Season: Summer Camp
Reports to: Youth Program Director
One aspect of our programming, called Concentrations, offers our 13-15 year old campers a chance to deeply engage in an area of interest. Concentrations last three and a half weeks per session, and campers spend three mornings each week engaged in exploring this subject with experienced adult instructors.
The Concentrations Instructors are directly responsible for curriculum planning, and instruction, student supervision, risk management and other activities related to our Concentrations program. This person is responsible for modeling a high-quality relationship to craft, materials care, and respect for learning and creativity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach and supervise staff and campers in Circus Arts
- Plan compelling, age-appropriate take-home projects for campers 13-15
- Maintains all relevant tools and equipment
- Keep the work area and surrounding environment clean and tidy
- Manage risk, supervise participants, and model safe best practices while working
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in setting up and taking down activity area at the start and end of summer
- Attend an in person orientation sometime during staff training week (June 18-24- exact date and time TBD)
- Participate enthusiastically in all-camp programs, games and events, and mealtimes while at camp.
- Think creatively throughout the summer to create playful experiences for campers
- Upkeep of the aesthetics of the camp, especially before big events.
- Proven experience in chosen area.
- Proven ability to manage risk, and teaching others to do the same
- Passion for working with children
- A desire to work in a residential camp setting.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
$1,500 for an off-site commuting individual. There are opportunities for full-time on-site employment that expand beyond these duties.
Our summer season runs from late June through early/mid- August (dates here).. Concentration classes are held on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. with a snack break for a total of 17 days, or 51 hours of classes. Possibility of additional hours.
To apply, send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest specifying which Concentrations you have skills in and any experience you have working with school aged youth..
- Two to Three references who can attest to your skills and ability to work with youth.