Glen Brook counselors love working with children and inspiring them to lead active, fulfilling lives.
Position: Cabin Counselor
Location: Camp Glen Brook in Marlborough NH
Dates: June 18th – August 13th (option to work August 16th-20th for Family Camp)
Reports to: Youth Program Director
Counselors lead activities based on their skills as well as being the main point person and mentor for their cabin of 6-10 campers.
Being a counselor at Glen Brook is an incredible opportunity to be a vital part of a vibrant community, to make a difference in the lives of others, and hone teaching and leadership skills in an exciting environment.
- Mentor and supervise a group of 6-10 during wake-up, cabin times, bedtimes, and throughout the day.
- Uphold camp’s mission and values as well as following all protocols outlined in the staff training and handbook.
- Manage risk and maintain the safety of campers.
- Provide leadership and assistance to the trip leader on one wilderness trip per session, varying in length depending on age group. Trips focus on day hiking or canoeing.
- Provide guidance and work with a ‘counselor in training’ assigned to your group.
- Facilitate or assist with various activities for campers of all ages including nature, games, swimming, farm and more.
- Live and sleep in a shared staff space near your group where you will be available for your campers when needed.
- Facilitate other aspects of the daily camp-wide program such as special events, meal times, lifeguarding, and evening activities.
- Staff may also specialize in elective activity areas. We encourage you to dream big!
- Develop healthy and appropriate relationships with campers.
- Practice professional presentation and communication with participants’ families, co-workers, and the public.
- Bring positivity and empathy to every interaction at camp.
- Care deeply for the development and well being of young people.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Current lifeguard certification (we offer a free lifeguard certification!)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Swim instruction
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Arts and crafts
- Ropes course
- Music and drama
- Farming and gardening
Salary: $3,150 – $4200 based on experience.
Summer staff get daily time off as well as one full 24-hour period off per week.