Winter Camp Transportation
Winter Camp Transportation Schedule
2023 Date: Monday, February 20th
8:30 a.m. Departs Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY11530
• Five blocks east of Nassau Blvd.
• For a detailed map, visit this link to Google Maps.
2023 Date: Saturday, February 25th
The bus will depart from Glen Brook at 9:00 am.
1:00 p.m. Approximate Arrival Time Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
- Five blocks east of Nassau Blvd.
- For a detailed map, visit Google Maps.
Information & Procedures
Please note the following information and procedures regarding the bus coach:
- Campers must have reservations!
- Campers should bring a bag lunch; campers SHOULD NOT bring iPods, cell phones (or similar), even for the bus ride to and from Glen Brook.
- Camp Glen Brook reserves the right to cancel coach service if there are insufficient reservations.
- On Opening Day, please allow for plenty of extra time. The coach service is on a tight schedule.
- On Opening Day Pickup, remember that any forms, medications, payments, etc. must be in a marked envelope to be handed to the bus supervisor.
- For your safety, please keep back from the curb as the coach pulls up. Do not try to board or load luggage until the driver has stopped, opened the door, and given permission.
- Campers must remain in their seats at all times (unless going to the restroom), stay reasonably quiet, not distract the driver and keep the coach clean of trash and spills.
- Campers must follow any specific safety rules given by the driver. The coach has a restroom on board. We will not normally stop en-route for the four-hour trip. If we do stay at a rest area with a public multi-user restroom, campers who need to use the facilities will go in pairs. If the adult supervisor cannot go into the restroom, two of the oldest campers will be assigned to monitor while the adult is outside nearby.
- Drop-off times are subject to traffic delays. Camp Glen Brook will only release a camper to a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian is not present for the Closing Day Drop-Off, prior written arrangements must be made with Camp Glen Brook and the person must show identification in order for the camper to be released. Otherwise, Camp Glen Brook will make arrangements for a designated camper’s parent to take charge of the child until the parent arrives.
- On closing day, make sure to look through all of the luggage on the curb before you leave. Some luggage may have taken on a new look since the beginning of camp and may look suspiciously like a black trash bag with your child’s name taped on it.