School Program Instructor
First and foremost, School Program Instructors love working with children and inspiring them to lead active, fulfilling lives.
Position: School Program Instructor
Location: Marlborough, NH
School Program Instructors lead groups of students in meaningful experiences while they’re on class trips to Glen Brook. This includes outdoor games and team-building activities, daily meal chores, work periods, and farm activities; and helping to lead wilderness excursions on hiking and canoeing adventures in New Hampshire. This immersive position offers the emerging teacher a once-in-a-lifetime chance to participate in a vibrant community and at the same time hone teaching and leadership skills in a growth-minded community. When there are not student groups here, the School Program Instructors help care for the facility and farm, and can learn many skills in these fields.
Salary Range: $300– $450/week based on experience plus free housing and delicious wholesome food. We have rolling availability for this position, and while we aim to hire people from mid-February through mid-November, we often have openings at other times.
- College degree (not specific to any field of study) or comparable life experience
- Proven teaching or camp counseling experience
- Interest in working with children and adult groups
- Interest in physical work
- Interest in Waldorf and/or experiential education
- Age 21+ preferred
- Serve as an inspiring educator and mentor to the students who come for school programs
- Lead activities that include: nature education, farm education, stewardship, cooking, and more (training provided)
- Supervise bed times for students
- Help teach stewardship, chores, and guide students in daily upkeep
- During Summer Camp, fill a role on the summer camp staff
Employment typically runs from late winter or early Spring to Mid-November.
This position satisfies Internship requirements for some Environmental Education and Experiential Education degrees. For additional information, read more here.