We are a small but motivated team that takes scratch cooking seriously, churning out homemade granola, scratch bread, breaking down our chickens raised on our pastures, and churning out pizza after pizza on Pizza Night.
We are on time, playful, and hardworking, so that at the end of the day we will be free for a swim in the lake, a scamper in the woods, or a hardcore game of meadow soccer. Not sure what “meadow soccer” is? Oh, it’s a multi-age free-for-all the likes of which you’ve never seen before—no cleats required.
Please contact our Culinary Director, Robyn Morin, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have at least 1 year of kitchen experience and preferably 2 years.
- Background or strong interest with food studies and home cooking.
- Willingness to work with children and adults
- Vegetable Prep, washing, and executing all tasks
- Bread making and shaping
- Making simple desserts and snacks
- Executing meal service and clean up
- Preservation and canning
- Cold dressings and sauce making
- Cleaning and dishes
- Pizza making
- Possible light butchery
Hours & Pay
Hours During Summer Camp: 8-9hrs Per Day (1.5 days off)
Comp Days: Given out for any additional work over 5 days
Pay: Commensurate with experience
- Access to camp food
- Shared bedrooms with other great Glen Brook staff