Our farm is the life line of camp and the kitchen is its heart. During the summer months we never stop beating—3 meals and two snacks a day from scratch.
Position: Kitchen Staff
Location: Camp Glen Brook in Marlborough NH
Dates: June 18 – August 13th
Reports to: Culinary Director
We are a small but motivated team that takes scratch cooking seriously: meals from farm-fresh produce grown on-site and delivered by campers, churning out homemade granola, scratch bread, breaking down our chickens raised on our pastures, and churning out pizza after pizza on Pizza Night.
We are on time, playful, and hardworking, so that at the end of the day we will be free for a swim in the lake, a scamper in the woods, or joining the campers for evening activity in the meadow and evening singing.
Please contact our Culinary Director, Robyn Morin, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have at least 1 year of kitchen experience and preferably 2 years.
- Background or strong interest with food studies and home cooking.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with others
- Willingness to work with children and adults
- Vegetable Prep, washing, and executing all tasks
- Bread making and shaping
- Making simple desserts and snacks
- Executing meal service and clean up
- Preservation and canning
- Cold dressings and sauce making
- Cleaning and dishes
- Pizza making
- Possible light butchery
Hours & Pay
Hours During Summer Camp: 8-9hrs Per Day (1.5 days off)
Pay: Commensurate with experience, starting at $15 per hour.
You can opt into our room & board plan which includes:
- Access to camp food
- Shared bedrooms with other great Glen Brook staff