Position: CIT Mentor
Season: Summer Camp
Reports to: Youth Program Director
Salary: $3,360-3,840 based on experience and qualifications, plus room and board.
Dates: June 18- August 13
CITs are counselors in training. Much of their day is spent with campers and working with counselors. A significant part of CIT at Glen Brook also involves care for our facilities, most notably after each meal. The CIT Mentor is a support and resource to the CITs. The CIT mentor must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude, excellent communication skills, experience with supportive conflict resolution and enjoy working with young adults in developing a work ethic by leading by example.
- Mentor and supervise a group of 12-15 teenagers throughout the 8 weeks of summer camp.
- Uphold the camp’s mission and values as defined in the staff handbook.
- Facilitate or assist with various camp activities for other groups or the whole camp.
- Coordinate all aspects of CIT daily schedule during program.
- Drive a 14-passenger van.
- Ensure safety and well-being of CITs.
- Bring positivity, professionalism, and empathy to all interactions with CITs, campers, staff, and families
- Complete all necessary paperwork (incident reports, camper reports, trip reports)
- At least 21 years of age
- CPR and Lifeguard certifications preferred(Lifeguard training is provided at Camp Glen Brook free of charge)
- Experience with and enthusiasm for working with teens
- Strong work ethic and sense of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Desire to impart respect and stewardship of the environment
- Demonstrated leading ability
- Care deeply for the development and well being of young people.
- Must pass a criminal background check.