Position: Camp Nurse
Location: Camp Glen Brook: Marlborough, NH
We are seeking our health care provider to serve as Camp Nurse or Camp Doc for 2024. Click here for PDF Version of the job description.
This person oversees the health and well-being of the camp. The Camp Nurse is responsible for all health needs of the camp population for the week of Staff Training and the seven weeks of camp. This position may be filled by RNs or MDs. Our camp population includes campers grades 3-11 and all staff.
The position of Camp Nurse involves treatment of injury and illness and supporting MESH needs of the camp community. A familiarity with and experience in homeopathy, herbal, nutritional, anthroposophical and other modalities, or a willingness to learn, is useful.
In addition to compensation, the Camp Nurse receives full room and wholesome board.
- Care for the camp population’s health needs with thoughtfulness and kindness.
- Supervise and support evening Health Room helpers as needed.
- Assess camp population for condition of health upon arrival at camp and administer care accordingly.
- Document all incidents, illnesses, and treatments appropriately and in a timely manner in the electronic record.
- Refer to and arrange care with local community resources as needed.
- Maintain a clean orderly environment for administering health care to the camp
- Maintain inventory of supplies, and first aid kits.
- Work cooperatively with and communicate with all departments to ensure camp and camper safety throughout camp duration.
- Maintain communication with camper population families as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA, state and State regulations.
- Licensure in NH or a compact state.
- Calm and positive attitude.
- First Aid knowledge and CPR certification
- The ability to lift 25 pounds
- Experience and confidence in working with individuals ages 9+.
- Must speak fluent English.
To apply, please send email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume.