Click here to see PDF Version of the Job Description
Position: Art Teacher
Location: Marlborough, NH
Season: Summer Camp
The Art Teacher is directly responsible for curriculum planning, art instruction, student supervision, risk management and other activities related to our Art program. This position also assists with any Summer Camp-related tasks as their skill and schedule permit. This person is responsible for modeling a high-quality relationship to craft, materials care, and respect for learning and creativity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach and supervise staff and campers in Art activities
- Plan compelling, age-appropriate take-home projects for campers ages 3rd- through 9th-grade, and be available for “studio hours” as requested and planned
- Maintain all Art Studio tools and equipment
- Keep the Art Studio and surrounding environment clean and tidy
- Manage risk in the Art studio, supervise participants, and model safe best practices while working
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in setting up and taking down Summer Camp at the start and end of summer
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Participate enthusiastically in all-camp programs, games and events, and mealtimes while at camp.
- Administrative Night Duty responsibilities as scheduled.
- Think creatively throughout the summer to create playful experiences for campers
- Upkeep of the aesthetics of the camp, especially before big events.
- All camp employees receive one period off per day, and one day off per week or equivalent.*
The Art Teacher is a Specialty Instructor, a colleague of Cabin Counselors but without a cabin of children under their care. Art is especially beloved of our campers when the work they are doing there relates in some way to other activities they are participating in, so collaborating with our Woodshop teachers, Nature teachers or others will greatly enhance everyone’s experience.
- Proven experience teaching art
- Proven ability to manage risk, and teaching others to do the same
- Passion for working with children
- A desire to work (and live*) in a residential camp setting.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
- A driver’s license and clean driving record.
Starting at $2,600 and is commensurate with experience.
Includes room and wholesome board*
Position runs June 26 – August 14, 2022
Submit your application on our website.
*This position is open to local commuting individuals.