The Office Manager manages registration for all programs and provides support for other areas such as outreach, marketing and fundraising, as well as both internal and external communications. The OM has primary responsibility for maintaining files, records, accounts receivable and payable, office supplies and equipment. The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Manages all registrations and related computer programs and databases.
- Provides impeccable customer service at all times.
- Maintains human resources records for new hires and independent contractors.
- Collects and prepares receipts for all expenditures and insures all bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Collects payments and makes deposits in a timely manner.
- Insures that credit card, bank statement, and accounts receivable and payable are all kept up to date.
- Assists with outreach and fundraising efforts including mailings, newsletters, postcards, and emails.
- Maintains office supplies inventory.
- Maintains office equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation.
- Facilitates communications between departments.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Community Work at Glen Brook
At Glen Brook we value being a supportive community. When you become a staff person at Glen Brook you agree to do supportive work that is not always related to your specific role and expertise. This work includes:
- Participating in staff meetings
- Participating in Friday morning Work Together
- Helping with occasional big, time sensitive work that requires many hands like moving hay.
- Participating in occasional community gatherings like a get-to-know-you pot-luck with our gap students which may occur outside of normal work hours.
- Host the Glen Brook table at either the Fall Fair or the Spring Festival at our school in Garden City, NY.
- Share in meal chores in appreciation of meals taken at Glen Brook.
- Ability to multi-task cheerfully
- Great phone, people and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with computer programs and systems (familiarity with Camp Minder a plus)
- Competency with MS Office and Excel (Adobe Illustrator a plus)
- Experience with Quick Books
- Effective time management skills
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Desire and ability to work as a positive member of a diverse camp team
Start date: as soon as possible
Benefits include paid vacation, health insurance, pension after one year.
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com and then also fill out our online application at the link below