Position: Farm Assistant Job
Location: Camp Glen Brook in Marlborough, NH
The Farm Assistant is the Glen Brook farmer’s right hand person. The Farm Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Providing daily care (including some weekends) to the farm animals including providing food, water, and bedding, as well as collecting, washing and managing the stock of free range eggs.
- Introducing students to the animals and facilitating morning and afternoon animal chores as an activity.
- Assisting with all aspects or the vegetable farm and fruit orchard including planting flats; preparing and tilling the soil; watering, weeding, and harvesting produce; organizing and inventory of seeds, processing, washing, storing and/or dehydrating all produce; and communicating with the culinary director to coordinate the use of farm products in farm to table meals.
- Leading work periods and facilitating educational experiences for visiting school groups in all of the areas of responsibility encompassed by the farm.
- Helping to care for all aspects of farm grounds and buildings including tidying the barn, removing snow from the barnyard and greenhouses and moving and establishing fencing for pasture animals.
- Assisting with all stages of the maple sugaring process including processing and stocking firewood, tapping trees, setting up and taking down lines, running the evaporator and all aspects of the sugarhouse, and bottling finished syrup for sale and on site culinary use.
- Assisting with slaughter and processing of chickens and pigs, as well as facilitating that process as an educational activity.
- Working with the Farm Life Counselors and FITs to provide Farm Life Classes during Summer Camp.
- Leading and teaching FITs during the Summer Camp season.
Salary: $275-$300 per week plus room & Board
Dates: May through October, though if you can only work part of the season, please do apply and let us know
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com