Position: Cabin Counselor
Location: Camp Glen Brook in Marlborough NH
Counselors love working with children and inspiring them to lead active, fulfilling lives. Counselors are the main point person for their cabin of 6-10 campers, and also lead activities for campers of all ages during the day.
Being a counselor at Glen Brook offers an incredible opportunity to participate in a vibrant community, to make a difference in the life of a child, and at the same time hone teaching and leadership skills in an intense environment.
Dates: June 20 – August 10th
Reports to: Camp Director
- Mentor and supervise a group of 6-10 campers of your assigned age group during wake-up, cabin times, bedtimes, and throughout the day.
- Uphold camp’s mission and values as well as following all protocols outlined in the staff training and handbook.
- Manage risk and maintain the safety of campers.
- Provide leadership and assistance to the trip leader on one wilderness trip per session, varying in length depending on age group. Trips focus on day hiking or canoeing.
- Provide guidance and work with a ‘counselor in training’ assigned to your group.
- Facilitate or assist with various activities for campers of all ages including nature, games, swimming, farm and more.
- Live and sleep in a shared staff space near your group where you will be available for your campers when needed.
- Facilitate other aspects of the daily camp-wide program such as special events, meal times, lifeguarding, and evening activities.
- Staff may also specialize in elective activity areas. We encourage you to dream big!
- Develop healthy and appropriate relationships with campers.
- Conduct daily check-ins with campers.
- Practice professional presentation and communication with participants’ families, co-workers, and the public.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, i.e. incident reports, camper reports, trip reports.
- Bring positivity and empathy to every interaction at camp.
- Care deeply for the development and well being of young people.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Current Wilderness First Aid certification
- Current lifeguard certification
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Swim instruction
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Arts and crafts
- Ropes course
- Music and drama
- Farming and gardening
Salary: $2,300 – $3,500 based on experience.
Summer staff get daily time off as well as one full 24-hour period off per week.