What Will You Do During February Vacation?
For children ages 8 to 14
Enjoy 250 acres of snowy woods, sledding hills, and a deep ice pond for wintry fun and warm friendships. We invite you to join our staff, along with other instructors, parents, and junior counselors for a week of wintry fun, cozy fireside storytelling, arts and crafts and old fashioned sleigh rides.
Winter Camp I (overnight):
During the week of February 18-23, 2013, Camp Glen Brook will be offering an overnight winter program for 2nd through 8th graders. The week will be patterned after our summer program with two morning and afternoon activity blocks. We will skate on the pond, sled down the hill, cross-country ski, and care for the farm animals. In the evenings we will gather before the wood stove in the living room for quiet activities, including singing. skits, and games.
• Cost: $695 ($300 deposit with application and $395 by Feb. 1
• Arrival by car about 1 PM Monday. Departure is Saturday between 9 AM and Noon.
• Transportation: Bus transportation from NY may be offered for an additional fee. It normally leaves Garden City, NY, at about 8:00 AM. Cost will be $120 round-trip. ($85 one way)
• Insurance: All participants are required to be covered by their family's health insurance plan.
• Sleep comfortably in a rustic farm house. Complete with hot running water, showers and toilets.
• Relax by the wood fire in our cozy living room or enjoy books and games in the library.
• Savor wholesome family style meals to the sound of a crackling fire in our sun filled dining hall. Vegetarian options and salad bars are provided.
Cross Country Skiing
Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides
Churning Ice Cream
Skating Around a Bonfire
Baking Bread and Cookies
Skits and Plays
Snow Filled Wood and Ice Falls
Making News Friends
Learning and Laughing